A player must attend and participate in the MNBA tryout process for all OBA teams before a Release request will be considered.
If a player has attended the MNBA tryouts and not been offered a roster spot on an OBA team, the player may request a Release.
In order to request a Release, a submission to the organization with the following information is required:
- Player’s Name
- Date of Birth [Day, Month, Year]
- Address of Player’s Residence
- Where the Player Played the Previous Season (e.g., Last OBA Team or other Team) [e.g., level of play (Tier 1, Tier 2, etc.), coach, etc.]
- State the Reason for the Request
- What Association the Player Intends to Sign With
- Confirmation of Attending the MNBA Tryouts
Email all requested info to firstname.lastname@example.org
A review is completed by a Release Committee and if there is not a spot being offered on an OBA team then the release will be granted. If a roster spot is being offered on an OBA team then the release will be denied.
It should be noted that a Release is required for a player to attend a tryout with any other association and before signing with another association. In accordance with rules of Baseball Ontario (OBA), a Release is not required to tryout for an OBA Bantam Elite Baseball League Ontario (EBLO) team or an OBA Midget EBLO team.
- As per the rules of Baseball Ontario, a player’s playing rights are held by: (i) the Local Association(s) where the player resides as set forth in Section RP1 of the Baseball Ontario rules. The complete Baseball Ontario rules are accessible at: baseballontario.com.
- No releases will be considered between April 1st and until after the MNBA tryout process, which starts in September, is complete for the following year.